5 Essential IELTS Essay Writing Tactics And Strategies
Are you planning to appear for IELTS? If yes, then you’ve got a lot of work to do, foremost among them being studying for the test. There are different sections in the entire examination, and one of the toughest is definitely the essay portion. IELTS essay topics are hard, and you need to be prepared thoroughly before you can attempt them. If you go in blind, chances are you might miss out on high marks on your IELTS essay. This is why you should read the following tips and strategies very carefully before you appear for IELTS essay writing.
- Read Before You Answer
- Make sure you understand the question and then highlight the information that you’ll require to flesh out a suitable paper.
- Most of the times, a lot of background information is provided in the topic and the question itself. It is a must for you to answer that question accurately.
- Focus on what is being asked first, before you start deviating into related points. You should avoid the temptation to write generally on the subject.
- In case you decide to copy an earlier written paper on the same topic, you should be careful since, if you’re caught, it could cost you a lot of marks.
- Formulate a Plan
- Make Sure You Meet the Word Limit
- Keep an Eye on the Time
- Always Check Your Work
The first rule, and the most important one, is to read the assigned question before you answer it.
It’s true that you have a time limit in place, but that doesn’t mean you should begin writing the essay at once. If you do that, you might get stuck midway. Only begin to write your paper, once you know how you’re going to finish it. When you think about the topic beforehand, you formulate an outline fast and this enables you to write smoothly later on.
When the paper states you’ve got write 250 words, it means a minimum of 250 words must be written. Any less and your paper might get penalized.
You have a paper to finish, and so it’s important you keep track of the time. Yes, quality matters, and that requires a decent amount of time. But you must be quick-thing and efficient, if you wish to finish your paper efficiently within the given timeframe.
Before submission, always ensure you’ve corrected all grammatical errors in your paper. This is why you need to read your paper once you’re done so that all mistakes are brought to your notice.